READ BEFORE PROCEEDING
You will be REQUIRED to upload the following documents with you application in order for it to be considered. Please be sure you have ALL documents BEFORE you begin the application. Failure to attached required documents will result in your application being rejected. Documents must be in one of the following formats: .docx, .doc, .pdf, .txt, .jpg)
1. ACT WorkKeys for the following tests with scores of 4 or higher. The ACT WorkKeys are available to be taken at Michigan Works! and/or Delta College.
a. Graphic Literacy (previously known as Locating Information)
b. Applied Mathematics
c. Workplace Documents (previously known as Reading for Information)
2. High School Diploma or GED Scores
3. Transcripts either High School or College
4. Birth Certificate or Driver’s License
Qualifications necessary for an applicant to be considered a probationary UA Local 85 Apprentice
1. Must be at least 18 years of age. (See Section III-B-2 Qualifications of Applicants for Apprenticeship in the National Guideline Standards of Apprenticeship)
2. Complete this application with all required documents uploaded and attached as indicated above.
3. Appear for interview when notified.
If you are accepted for a probationary Apprentice, you will be required to:
1. Serve as a probationary apprentice for a period of 1 year (1,700-2,000 hours of on-the-job training)
2. Serve as a 5 year apprenticeship including the probationary period (8,500-10,000 hours of on-the-job training)
3. Report to work on a regular basis.
4. Provide for your transportation to and from the job site.
5. Work under the direction of a Journey Worker on the job site and perform duties satisfactorily.
6. Attend related training classes regularly and maintain an acceptable average in those classes.
7. Purchase text material for use in related training classes as required.
8. Abide by all rules and regulations of the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee.